Removals Insurance

Insurance Information

While many companies say they have insurance, ask them to provide it, show you proof, we bet you they won’t!

Unfortunately its a common misconception that removalists insure your possessions with every move. By Law removalists are unable to insure your individual items unless they are a registered insurance agent. Some insurance companies cover your possessions for relocation if you have Home Contents Insurance. We suggest you contact your Home Contents Insurance to see exactly what it actually covers , as different policies cover different things, We at Dave’s Removals are unable to accept any responsibility for damage to your property, though we assure you that we take the utmost care with every move. We don’t want any damages , because if we damage your goods , basically you will not use our company or recommend us , which is where we get 80% of our work from , ongoing clients , referrals and friends relatives etc.

Removals Insurance

For those customers who wish for specific Removals Insurance, Removals Insurance Australia is one company which specializes in relocation insurance.

Transit Insurance

All our trucks at Dave’s Removals carry Full Transit Insurance of up to $100,000. This covers you in case of extreme situations that may occur whilst in transport, such as collision, fire, or other disasters. Whilst we take care of our customers as we would our own family moves, the process of relocating furnishings and belongings can be complex. We’re only human, and sometimes, although rarely, things happen. In almost all cases, breakage does not occur. But if your belongings are valuable and irreplaceable, then we strongly urge you to consider safeguarding your move with insurance. On the 10th of March 2004 the “Financial Services Reform Act” came into effect. Under this act, it is against the law for anyone, other than an Australian Financial Services Licensee, to advise, sell or arrange insurance on someone else’s behalf. Only the owner of the goods can insure their goods against accidental damage. Under the Trades Practices Act, sections 68 & 74, a courier or carrier has no implied duty of care of goods in their custody and control and therefore cannot be held liable for any accidental damage. If the owner of the goods does not insure or takes the risk of not insuring their goods, that is a risk they have taken and therefore a loss that they alone will incur. You can apply for Household/Office Removals Insurance with your current home & contents insurer or through Associated Marine Insurance by calling (02) 9233 4177.